I'll try not to bore you with too many more garden posts, but I did promise updated pictures, right?


sweet peas (our new favorite)

And a few surprises: here we have red leaf lettuce. I put all of our lettuce from the winter in the compost pile and apparently the conditions were right because there is tons of lettuce popping up all over the place.

Obviously I get a lot of satisfaction from seeing the fruits (or vegetables) of our labor, but one of my favorite things about having a vegetable garden is that the kids actually want to eat things out of it. Green nutritious things that they would never otherwise put in their mouth. I can't get Judy to touch a vegetable from the refrigerator but she'll eat them off the vine every time. And thanks to our winter garden, she tells me how much she loves broccoli or lettuce every time she sees it. Yeah, that is a big change.


5 comments:
holy guacamole! that is a trick I'm going to have to remember. how cool that they'll eat fresh veggies so readily - that's the best way to have them.
Absolutely paradise! Super job you guys!
looks beautiful!
Your backyard is beautiful and your garden is amazing! My husband has been wanting to start a garden... we might need your help on getting started! :)
I love it! Share more pictures since I'm too lazy to come see it in person. We have stuff growing from our compost pile too...I have no idea what it is yet, but it's encouraging that stuff I didn't pay any attention to will actually grow. :) You're making me wish I had more garden boxes. I don't know where would I put more.
Post a Comment