Forget the fact that I've probably never posted a picture of my kitchen.
Do you notice anything?
Here's my new dish washer where my old dishwasher used to be.
Kidding. But only for now. One day he will be my dish washer.
But I've officially said goodbye to my current dishwasher for good. Who needs one anyways?
Maybe some of you raised your hands.
Well, it's a long story involving a broken dishwasher and a disposal that would drain chunky water into the dishwasher where it would sit (broken dishwasher) and sour. Big time. We could get the dishwasher started once every 5 days or so by pushing the mysterious combination of buttons that would get it going and clean the mess out. After 3 weeks of this game I remembered that I don't need a dishwasher in my life. I grew up without one and then spent 3/4 of my grown up life without one. I don't mind doing dishes by hand at all. But I was really bugged by that stinky broken dishwasher. So it's gone.
I think the kids like it better this way too.
I think the kids like it better this way too.
For now....
5 comments:
I don't know why on earth I immediately thought of this, but in the Flinstones movie, their garbage disposal is a prehistoric hog of some sort and they have it sitting under their sink with a drape to cover him up. Did Aaron get the idea from them? :) hahaha...
I like your new dishwasher! He's MUCH cuter that the old one =)
Hahaha - uh - what's on that back wall??? Hahaha
AH... You really are such a great lady. Seriously. Who wants to do dishes by hand? I just wouldn't cook anymore and turn to paper products!
First of all, I love the polka dots. (Two words, but the girl was like 2 weeks postpartum, thank you very much...and on our team.) Secondly, I NEED A DISHWASHER! But only one just like mine. My dishwasher is amazing. I want to buy one just like it before mine dies in case I can't find one then. (I'm a little obsessed.)
I didn't have a d/w growing up (my mom still doesn't), and didn't have a real dishwasher until this house (we had a portable one and a cruddy one for a few months in one house). There are benefits to no dishwasher, mainly that your kids learn to work and usually to work together. I'll take my chances on teaching them that another way. :)
This is so stinking long I'm going to copy it to my journal. Thanks for the chance to reflect!
Post a Comment