Thursday, July 29, 2010

That Derby State

I had a blast in Kentucky and even survived the humidity.  Maybe I brought some Phoenix dryness with me because it really wasn't bad at all.  Jodie wrote a good post on a lot of the fun things we did, but I'll add my own commentary.

*Kentucky is so green and beautiful!  I can't imagine living in a place where you don't have to water the lawn.  Weird!  But neat.
*Graeter's.  I'm still dreaming about that ice cream cone.  Coconut chip in a pretzel cone.  The pretzel cone!  I'd love to have another one right now.
*I saw fireflys for the first time.  Adrian caught one for me.  Very brave and very neat.
*I spent nearly the entire trip nursing a cold sore.  Bummer.
*Jodie made some terrific meals (I know, no surprise there) and sent me home with recipes.
*She gave me far too much credit on the crafting we did - she is an artist.  I'm excited to make some shirts for my kids too but I wish she were here to help me do the drawings...
*Her kids are so fun!  Smart too.  And I loved holding Claire.
*Art Sparks was really fun and it made me want to visit an art museum - it's probably been 10 years at least since I've been to one.
*Shopping!  It wasn't exactly "Thrift Store Therapy" (because we didn't go to any) but it was close!


And Jod, remember that conversation we were having about Kentucky and I said pinewood derby instead of Kentucky derby?  I cracked myself up today when I thought about it.

In short:  I'd go back anytime, it was a lot of fun.  Thanks for being great hosts you guys!

1 comment:

Jodie said...

I did the drawing, but I'm glad you did the cutting. I did some more shirts for my boys and I wasn't nearly as patient or precise as you...and it shows. Oh well.

And mmmmmm, pretzel cones! Love you and SO glad you came!