Sunday, August 20, 2006

One-Year Mark

Jamie suggested that I post some Judy stats now that she has turned one. Thanks Jamie, it was fun to have a record of this.

Height: 30 in
Weight: 22 lbs
Head Circumference: Pretty darn big.

She loves books but is very picky. Lately she only likes ones with pictures of animals or babies. She has an incredible attention span - we usually read 10-15 books in one sitting. I find her looking at books by herself several times a day, usually saying an animal sound as she sees one.


She imitates the following animals (some vocally, some with actions): puppy, horse, cat, cow, monkey, seal, giraffe, tiger, lion, bear, duck, owl, elephant, camel, fish, bunny, chick, cheetah, mouse and she also does a baby and an airplane.

(giraffe)


She's so obsessed with animals that we've lined the hall with animal pictures. She loves to hang back there by Dad's office where she can keep an eye on him and look at all of her pictures.


She can point to her belly, ears, hair, nose, diaper and she will show you her teeth.

(teeth)

.
She really only says 2 words: banana and daddy. I've had a few people try to convince me that she says, "what is that?" (probably because she points at everything) I have to admit that it sounds a lot like it but I'm not positive she is really asking.

She also recognizes the picture of Jesus and will point at it when I ask and she will sit quietly if I explain that we are saying a prayer (no arms folded yet).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy is absolutely so cute! I love these pictures, thanks for recaping her first year, she's such a good baby.

-Kimmie

Judy Cozza Photography said...

This was the cutest blog ever. Jamie has a lot of competition now! I especially love how she shows her teeth and points to Jesus. By the way - those are incredible animal pictures in the hall! What a super mom!

Anonymous said...

I can certainly see the likeness of her "giraffe" imitation - Ha, Ha! What a SMART baby. I can't believe that attention span at only 12 months old. Most kindergarteners can't sit still and stay on topic that long. You guys are such amazing parents. You're having a dozen right?

Grandma Hinton

jamie said...

Thanks for the one-year stats. I love how she loves animals so much. And I love the pictures you've hung. Are those old calendar pictures? I've GOT to find something like that!

You didn't mention anything about her eating lately. Tell me - with so many teeth, does she eat everything you do? Anything she is picky about? Does she like green drink?

Gina said...

Yeah, the pictures are from a calendar that I got at DI for 50 cents. It cost me another dollar to laminate them and I think she really loves them.

As far as food goes, she eats a lot of what we eat but I really try not to give her any wheat products at all so that is kind of hard. She really really likes rice and watermelon lately (not together). She has just started liking juice and will tolerate green drink but it clogs the sippy cup too often.

Anonymous said...

Next animal to imitate:
The ton-ton, the snow creature on planet Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back that transports Luke and Han Solo. If she gets that one down, I will be extremely impressed. (It took me until the age of 12 - I'll demonstrate sometime).

Second comment/question:
Is her head circumference almost as big as mine??

Ryan

Anonymous said...

love the giraffe.





-Rachel