Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Alright already

Well people, the demand for a new post is becoming too great. I actually occasionally look at my blog and am always disappointed that it never updates itself. I've been posting comments on everyone else's blog, isn't that enough? The problem is that I have nothing with pictures to report. And if you couldn't tell, I don't like writing very much. I've been reflecting on the title of this blog, and while it is a quote from one of my favorite movies growing up, I sure don't tell many stories.

Well here is some good news that my sisters have all heard already but maybe some of the rest of you can be excited for me too.

Last night was a first for our family. We read scriptures, sang songs and I put my kids to bed. Aaron in the closet and Judy in her crib. I kissed them and told them I love them and then walked out. And NEITHER of them cried at all! It's been about a month since we started letting Aaron cry it out and we've been ditching Judy right after laying her down for about 2 weeks.

Jana gave me some incentive to get Aaron to go to sleep on his own since she will be babysitting the kids while Caleb and I are Hawaii for a week in July. I had been rocking him to sleep with a moderate amount of effort but I couldn't even picture her doing it while taking care of her 3 kids plus the 2 she babysits. (Can you believe she even agreed to watch mine? I can't!)

And Jamie gave me a lot of encouragement to get out of Judy's bedroom a lot sooner then we have been. She said that Emma happily waves goodbye to them when they leave the room! That was all I needed to hear.

So that's the excitement around here. We move in about 4 weeks. We've already started packing but I haven't found us a place to live yet. That will make for an adventure. I might even blog about it.

6 comments:

Parker Family said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for giving me the gift of not having to rock a baby to sleep for 8 days!!!

I love that story. Literally.

p.s. Bryson called to talk to Jim today and we chatted for a minute & I mentioned my stolen purse. He said "I hate that story" and I loved hearing that famous Cozza/Hinton quote come from him.

Kimmie said...

Great news about getting the kids to sleep without tears first, and thanks for the new post, Gina, I liked it. =)

Anonymous said...

As much as I LOVE seeing pictures of my adorable grandchildren and my handsome son and my darling daughter-in-law (although she is usually behind the camera, not in front), I'm OK with no pictures occasionally. I love a good story, or ANY story when it's about those I love.

jamie said...

I love that story.

Cindy said...

Funny story, my boss came up to me the other day and was just telling me something (I can't remember what) but at the end of her speaking I said "I love the story". She was very confused because she had not told me a "story". I tried to explain that it was more a figure I speech but I don't think she got it at all! :)

-Cindy

Krissy said...

Ray and I will be in Hawaii for a week in July too, when will you be there and what island? That would be a great story to tell if we met up there after all these years!