So we have a rabbit. We got her for free the week before we moved, from a neighbor. She's young and litter box trained so that's cool. She was abandoned when another neighbor moved so she did not come with any rabbit gear. I was undeterred by this - we had rabbits when I was a kid. One particularly great one who ran free outside and acted much more like a dog than a rabbit. I decided I didn't need a cage for her because she can be an outside rabbit if I am careful about the heat, but I thought I'd wait until the weather cools a little bit before actually trying it out. So, our rabbit has been living in the bathroom right off of the kitchen. Here she is:

Fast forward to this past Sunday. We come home from church looking forward to some R&R only to find that my kitchen is flooded. And I can hear the water spraying. Caleb sprang into action and now I know that rabbits like to chew things other than wood and telephone cords. Put those dang plastic tubes that connect the toilet to the water on the list of potential rabbit food. You can't really see the water in the picture below but let's just say she's trying to get to higher ground.
Here's a shot of how my bathroom currently looks. Luckily this is pretty much the extent of the damage. The water was just inches away from spilling into the sunken family room but luckily we didn't have to deal with damaged carpeting too. I mean, I wanted to do some home improvement but this bathroom wasn't really on my list...
If this wasn't enough, my A/C went out on Monday. It's been fixed, thankfully but I think I've officially been initiated into the homeowner's club. Can I please live here for 1 month without some disaster?
7 comments:
Welcome aboard!
Has Caleb changed out the rubber hoses for the metal braided ones throughout the house yet? How lucky that you were just gone to church for three hours and not gone to the family reunion for three days. I'm sure Caleb had some flashbacks when he walked in the door.
So glad the AC got fixed quickly.
Does your bunny have a name?
Uh, no. Did I mention I have trouble naming animals as well as people? Sometimes Judy calls her Callie but the rest of us call her "the bunny."
Oh no! What a party. Sorry about that. Do you need a fan to dry out the wall? We have a little one that works great.
Les.
That is so crazy! How sad to have your brand new home already being broken. :(
That is wonderful that Callie will let the kids pet her - our bunnies were never quite as social. I loved them though!
you poor thing! that's a lot of things to happen all at once! happy homeowning! hope it gets better for you! :)
Welcome home from your weekend trip. I assume Mr. Bunny ran away. Think we could talk about something else now. Like kids! Hahahahaaaaa
Post a Comment