Saturday, August 30, 2008

Progress

Well folks, she's done it. I had nothing to do with it.

Here's how it happened:

Judy: Mom, I want to wear panties and go potty in the potty chair.
Me: Okay.

{one week later}
Judy: Mom, I only want to use the big potty.
Me: Okay.

{two weeks later}
Judy: Mom, I want to wear only panties at night.
Me: Okay.

And it's been just about that easy. We had one day of accidents the first week and she's been perfect ever since. I can't believe how long that girl can hold it. I was apprehensive about letting her sleep all night without a diaper because she's still in a crib and still can't get out by herself, but it hasn't been a problem. I don't ever have to remind her to go either. I've heard plenty of horror stories and a lot of stories that involve Mom sitting in the bathroom forever trying to get the kid to pee every hour on the hour. I'm happy to have avoided both scenarios.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's crazy how Judy had learned to become potty trained so quickly. It was pretty funny/weird how whenever someone would be going potty, she would say, "Can I come in the bathroom with you?" Yahhh... I don't know about you, but I just thought that was kind of weird (no offence Judy).

Anonymous said...

Wow that girl is AWESOME! She is ALREADY sleeping with just panties on?!?! It is just too easy. I definantly was not that willing to be potty trained - just ask anyone else in the family. :) You guys are lucky parents!

Leslie said...

Brag about it, already. (Kidding!) I hope Sofia will be the same!
LEs.

Judy Cozza Photography said...

no pictures? I better get over there....we needed a picture of her peeking around the corner of the bathroom! Oh yeah - SUPER GREAT NEWS GINA! What a "whiz" kid!

Unknown said...

That is great! I do hear that girls are easier to train!