My due date has come and gone. I'm not too surprised or disappointed. Not that I don't want the baby to come, that would be great, but really I feel okay with whatever happens. If I have to wait another day or another week, that's fine. I just roll with it.
In the meantime we've been busy. This week we hosted playgroup, went to the splash pad, and even braved the zoo. We've been gardening up a storm, well at least weeding (something that hasn't happened for a few months so there's a lot of catching up to do), rearranging rooms to hopefully accommodate a new addition soon. Judy and Aaron are officially sleeping in big-kid beds. Yes folks, I've done it. I finally moved my 3.5 yr old out of her crib. She's been asking to sleep in a bed without "handlebars"(translation: bars) for a few months but I've been slow at finding a replacement bed. That's all been worked out, and both kids are sleeping handlebar free. I've finally finished my quiet book project that I've been working on with my sisters and cousins. If I can ever remember I'll take pictures of how they turned out. Now if I could just get those sisters to finish their pages.....
On the name front, we're experiencing a bit of turmoil. We never actually picked a name but there was one that was seemed like a winner for a few weeks. Until this week when I decided that I don't like it at all anymore. Or any other name on our list of possibilities. So I'm torturing Caleb with all this talk about baby names all over again. I hate that I can't find one that I love.
Hmm, this post sure seems long for having nothing to report....
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What did you end up doing about the bed situation? Are your kids in toddler beds? One queen size bed? Do tell.
Good luck on the name thing. I hate that kind of talk.
Gina - are we going to give you the date that we think your baby will come? We should at least be playing a game by now. Do you want to suggest a certain letter for your baby boy's name to start with? Okay - okay - well then... do you like the name... James? every boy in my family has that name....Hmmmmm.....sounds pretty good to me!
I'm so glad you updated! I've been wondering! Best wishes, Lady! You're such a good trooper! I'd be screaming about my misery all the live-long day! hahaha!
Watermelon got my last baby here quick! My sister-in-law swore it worked for her last two babies, and so I tried it. Eight hours later, my baby arrived. It's really fun--you just stuff yourself with all the watermelon you can hold.
But if you still don't have a name you love, maybe you should hold off on any watermelon?
Good luck! Hope he arrives safe and sound and soon!
Oh man. I have been thinking about you!
I just realized that I don't have your phone number? How sad is that?
Hope he decides to come out soon!
Good for you being all patient and everything. NOT ME! I'm even impatient on your behalf. ;)
Good luck with the name game.
What's the new bed situation? Regular beds? Fill us in!
I hope all goes well when little junior decides to come out! We love you!
Post a Comment