Sunday, August 8, 2010

Judy's day

Well folks, she's officially ready for Kindergarten. Today Judy turned 5.


We had an art party yesterday where everyone decorated bags and then giant cupcakes.  I sewed the bags before the party and the girls decorated them and strung the handles. They turned out so cute and Jodie would be proud of my sewing skills.


Of course we needed some kind of fancy cake for an art party.  I don't know where I first saw this idea of rainbow cakes but they were very satisfying - not difficult and they looked great.



Most of the birthday action really happened yesterday but today was fun too.  Of course this morning we had our traditional breakfast in bed and present opening.  I wasn't sure what present to get her - every time I asked her she always said, "You decide." I guess she likes to be surprised. Crazy kid!  I always preferred to choose my presents instead of being surprised (still do for that matter!) Her favorite present was a newborn kitty. Whew! Guessed right on that one.


Then Bryson and Cindy came over for dinner and we played "Paint the Nose on the Clown" (a version of pin the tail on the donkey) that we ran out of time to play at the party yesterday.  It was really fun and I think Judy won.


I love this girl!  She is such a great kid - I'm so lucky she's mine!

5 comments:

Judy Cozza Photography said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY!!! And she starts kindergarten on Wednesday? WOW - where did the time go? I'll call her after she gets home to hear how her first day went. Oh - and at first - I thought she got a REAL newborn kitty. Whew....

Jodie said...

What a fun day for her...and I really need some of those giant cupcake tins. And great work on the bags, G! What a fun idea for those girls. Hope she had a blast!

jamie said...

Happy birthday, Judy! Next year can we come to your party too?!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl! Sofia had a blast at your party. We love the purse...I'm totally impressed with your sewing skillz!

Anonymous said...

what a fun party! LOVE the rainbow cake! Happy birthday Judy!

Love Tisha