Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Twoday Judy is Two

Happy Birthday Judy!

Sunday night we celebrated with all of the family. Sometime during the afternoon, Aaron was playing with the dresser drawers and found the costume drawer. As soon as Judy saw the wings and tutu she had me put them on her. And she refused to take them off for the rest of the day. I guess it seemed even more like a party since she was all dressed up for the occasion. All pictures are compliments of Grandma Cookies.

Bryson and Cindy brought over their new kitty. After everyone left the kitty was still topic of conversation #1 around here.

We sang to her and she blew out candles at least 3 times. She kept saying "again!" I don't know what made her smile more - the singing or blowing out the candles.

The "birthday cake" was a big hit. Judy is allergic to wheat so we didn't do anything traditional. In fact, maybe it was a smidge fancy for a birthday party but everyone seemed to like it. Ever heard of pavlova? It's our new favorite dessert. I've done a bit of searching for pavlova recipes on the internet and this one seems like the best one to me. I like that it tells you why the recipe was created and gives tips to help you prepare it perfectly too.

Grandma Hinton was the only one on the ball enough to have a present ready (including me).

Stickers! Don't worry, stickers are a carefully controlled substance around here. Judy had me put one on each of her hands and they were still there when she woke up in the morning.
What are we giving her for her birthday? Pierced ears, I think. I'll post pictures once I'm brave enough to actually go through with it.

5 comments:

Jodie said...

SO stinkin' cute. I love the costume, it totally makes it seem like a party with it on. Pierced ears? I can't wait to hear what happens...if you actually do it or not. :) Happy Birthday, Jude!

Parker Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JUDY!!

I have been trying to talk Rachel into pierced ears for 2 years now...hope she does it one day.

Maybe she'd do it if she and Judy went together.

Must think about this...

ryan said...

Very cute. She is a darling.

Judy Cozza Photography said...

I wish she had had on the rain boots with this fairy costume. I could have entered it in a photo contest. You know Gina - we would have won!

Anonymous said...

I think I like the pierced ears idea. She will look real cute with them. Wait...is it possible for Judy to get any cuter?!