Well, it's a good thing I have my sister-in-law Cindy around to help me choose paint colors and to help me actually put the paint on the walls. But the most help she gave me was to convince me what not to paint (it's a painful project for me - I don't enjoy home decorating at all). Since Monday Caleb and I have been painting, re-wiring, packing, and moving, with loads of good help. Really, except for all of the heavy furniture, we're all packed up, moved and unpacked. The men from church are coming tomorrow morning to lend their trucks and muscles and finish the job for us.
Judy and Aaron were in Show Low with Jana from Monday to Thursday and really THAT is the reason we were able to get so much done.
She sent me an email about all of the funny things that happened there. Jana is so funny that I'm still laughing. Here's the full report.
------------------------------
Well, Judy & Aaron came to Show Low for an impromptu visit while Gina & Caleb got a bit of stuff moved to their new house. And I thought I'd give an official report of their stay. They were SO perfect and SO good. And I can't wait for Cousin Camp next year!
Parker & Parker, LLC are pleased to report the following statistics:
4 Number of Days the kids were here
4 Number of Days it rained all afternoon
8 Number of Kids that were here during the day every day
0 Number of Times we left the house as a group once Judy & Aaron got here
6 Number of Half-Gallon Cartons of "Yogurt Juice" consumed in 4 days (the vast majority of the Parker Family loves it and I rarely buy it--no one could keep away from it once it was in the house)
0 Number of Times Judy slept in her own porta-crib (she kept getting into Aaron's with him)
2 Number of Times that Judy pushed the jet button on the jacuzzi tub while the water level was too low so the water sprayed like guns right at the kids' necks and she freaked out
1 Number of Times she took a bath in the jacuzzi tub. She insisted that she take a bath in "the one that doesn't shoot"
5 Number of compliments I got from visitors on how adorable my niece & nephew are
2 Number of Times we flew kites
1 Number of Times Judy INSISTED that she & Aaron needed to go out and play in the rain
12 Number of Minutes it took to get them bundled in coats, long pants, and hats
.25 Number of Minutes playing in the rain lasted (I kept telling Judy it was cold out there!)
75,000 Number of Times we talked about, looked at, hunted for, or actually saw Crookshanks
0 Number of Times (combined) that Judy or Aaron touched the cat after calling and hunting for her
4 Total Number of Minutes spent with a dry chin and shirt by Aaron the entire time he was here (straight out of the bath wearing a towel time included)
11 Number of Times Judy & Matt got in an argument over the proper way to say or do something (see below for verbatim example)
0 Number of Pictures we took of the adventures we had
75,000 Number of Times we will do this again
Favorite Conversations Involving Judy:
Judy: Um, Jana? I can't touch your cat because he bites.
Jana: No WAY! She's a really nice cat and she doesn't bite.
Judy: Jana, I know your cat bites. I can't touch him.
Jana: You don't have to touch her, but she is so nice. She never bites.
Judy: Jana, your cat bites.
Jana: You don't have to go by the cat if you don't want to, but my cat never bites.
Judy: Jana! I know your cat bites because she has teeth.
Jana: Judy, I have teeth and I don't bite you.
Judy: (silence while pondering this idea) Jana, let's go get the cat.
Matt: When you eat, it goes down into your stomach.
Judy: Matt, I know that is not right. Food goes into my belly.
Matt: Don't you know stomach and belly are the same thing? It's your stomach.
Judy: Matt, food goes in my belly. My mom said.
Matt: It's right to say "stomach".
Judy: Matt! My mom said "belly".
Matt: Stomach!
Judy: Belly!
Matt: Stomach!
Judy: Belly!
Matt: Stomach!
Judy: Belly!
Matt: Stomach! (thinking it's funny)
Judy: Belly! (getting legitimately frustrated)
Matt: Stomach! (going for gold)
Judy: BELLY! (standing on her chair)
(insert about 2500 more of this exchange)
Jana: YO! Enough, Matt.
Jana: Bath time! Judy & Aaron! Come on, Rachel is going to help you.
Judy: (getting very tired) Jana, I'm not going to take a bath.
Jana: Yep, you are. It's time to get washed up. Rachel is a super bath-giver. She's going to help you get all clean.
Judy: Jana, I'm not taking my clothes off and getting into the bath.
Jana: I'm going to get your PJs ready while Rachel cleans you up.
Judy: (taking clothes off)Jana, I'm NOT getting in the bath.
Jana: OK, let's just get you ready in case. Here you go in the water.
Judy: (in the tub) Jana, I'm not sitting down in the bath.
Jana: It's safer to sit. Plus then Rachel can wash your tummy.
Judy: (sitting down) Rachel, I'm not washing my hair in this bath.
Rachel: (working fast to get kids clean) Whatever.
Judy: Rachel, I'm not getting my hair wet.
Rachel: OK, let's just wash your body with this soap. And lay back so your hair can get wet.
Judy: (while hair is being washed) Rachel, I don't want to take a bath.
Rachel: OK, we're almost done.
Judy: Rachel, can I hold that toy?
Rachel: Well, you're all clean. Stand up and Jana will dry you off and get your PJs on.
Judy: (hysterical) I'M NOT GETTING OUT OF THIS BATH!
---------------------------------
See, I told you she was funny.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It was so weird to get up this morning and not have them here!
Thanks for letting them come play, we had fun. Also, glad you got tons done.
Can't wait to come see the new house :)
Wow. That WAS funny! In fact, it was so incredibly hillarious that I too am still laughing, laughing so loud that Seth had to come running in from the other side of the house to see what all the fuss was about. Yup. I knew I loved that Judy girl! :)
I love the count down - don't worry Judy. I had the same experience the first time I experienced the rain outside of Phoenix. It's just not the same anywhere else.
I can't wait to see the new place. Good work Mom and Dad!
This was really funny. Congratulations on your beautiful, new home!
Did you say choosing paint colors and decorating and having the grandkids spend the night? Boo Hoo!!!! I missed out on all the fun!! I'll have to think about if this trip has been worth it - just kidding.
Post a Comment