Sunday, October 5, 2008

Catch Up

In case you didn't notice, I've been taking a break. For the past 6 months, I've been slowly acquiring some pain in my hands and wrists, and my self diagnosis is that it is due to too much computer use. Well, at least improper (non-ergonomically correct) computer use. So I've taken a 2 week break from emailing and blog checking to let them heal a bit. It has helped a lot and now I will try to be more careful. I've missed looking at everyone's blog so I am happy to be using my hands again but Caleb was also doing all of the cooking for me (again, so I could heal) and I am really going to miss that!

So here's a couple of things we've done lately:


Winter garden time is here. It is mostly lettuce, broccoli, and cabbage, but we also planted tomatoes even though I know they don't grow so well in the winter, and some experiments too like onions, leeks, and carrots.


I know this muffin tin lunch idea is all over blogland but last week I decided to try it for myself. The kids really liked it, but who wouldn't? Everything is organized and no food touches any other. Perfection.



We've also been splashing around Tempe Town Lake with the Tapias.


I think Judy isn't afraid of the sprinklers anymore which makes it a lot more fun!


Aaron likes it too. We were bummed that they closed it last week even though the temperatures have still been in the 100's. Waahhhh! It's too hot for the zoo, where do we go now?!!



And one morning I told the kids to get their shoes as we were leaving to run errands. Aaron came to me looking like this and said, "Ready!"
Nice headband kid.

9 comments:

Jodie said...

What?? Muffin tin lunches?? Never heard of them! They look awesome. I want to try it--except I only have the dozen ones and I don't want to have to think of 12 different things to stick in them. :)

Judy Cozza Photography said...

Never heard about the muffin tin lunches either - but looks like the kids really like it. LOVE YOUR GARDEN! Can't wait to see the harvest in your kitchen!

Natalie said...

I hadn't heard of the muffin tin lunches either!! That's awesome! Love your garden too! I have to know where you got all those plants! Please email me! nhmatkin@msn.com I have only found tomatoes and herbs at Home Depot. Did you go to a nursery?

Anonymous said...

Aaron always does the best accessorizing... (i don't think that is a proper work but oh well!)
we miss you guys, but so glad to see you blog again! yeah!

Leisa

Tisha said...

Aaron is SO funny! It looks like he's ready to go out to see the tourist sights rather than to run some errands. I think the muffin tin novelty is unanimous. As for the garden experiments go, let me know how they go. Have you ever had leek pancakes? Not that healthy (a little greasy), but SO good! I can't remember, but I think they are either a Chineese or Vietnamese dish. Someone we met tracting invited us in while whe was making them for her family and fed us till we were stuffed and it was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOUR GARDEN! Really, fresh veggies are the BEST! You are going to have AWESOME salads! Hope it turns out!

Leslie said...

Welcome back to blogland. Sorry about your wrists/hands. I know that feeling all too well!
You have a lot of reading material in your bathroom...but I think we have you beat. I have a good story I need to blog about that, actually. ;)
Les.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you guys have started to grow a garden. Those fresh vegetables are way better than store-bought. Oh and just to let you know, I hope that the tomatoes you planted weren't cherry-tomatoes (they are a PAIN to pick).

Unknown said...

Love the lunch in muffin tin idea-- I have never heard of it!